Thursday, April 11, 2013

Emerson Albion Wadsworth

So... we got a dog. Never thought I would say those words. And it was my idea. He's a cute little guy, not at all what we were expecting to get. He's already really well behaved and house trained, which is a bonus. His name was Bernie, but since that's Ben and Henry's middle name, not to mention Ben's grandpa's name, we decided to switch it. We've been calling him Albee. Ben hasn't quite decided what he wants that to be short for though. He likes long, distinct names. His favorite name is probably Emerson Albion Wadsworth. Quite a classy name. 


While I'm still on the fence about how I feel about dogs, there are quite a few nice things about having one. First of all, it Henry someone to play with. Though Henry is still warming up to him. Second, it gives us an excuse to get out of the house and go on long walks. Which I love to do, but laziness can be a strong deterrent. And third, it's nice to have a companion when Ben is gone or working late nights. As long as Albee isn't barking, I know there's not a creeper in the house. All good things.


2 comments:

  1. How fun! He looks and sounds like a great little dog! Congrats to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie! When I saw him on your FB page I thought you must be dog sitting, hahaha! Glad that he's working out for you guys, how fun!

    ReplyDelete