Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween and Stuff

For those of you who pay attention to that little widget on the side that counts down until my due date, you will notice that it has magically jumped ahead 10 days. Yep, my due date is now November 21st. Which means only 3 more weeks until the little guy comes. I found a doctor downtown who will take me this late in the game, which means no more 35 minute commutes to the doctor, and no hour long trip to the hospital when I'm in labor. Yay.

On Friday we went to the Detroit Institute of Arts. Ben has been wanting to see the Diego Rivera mural for months, and he was very excited to finally see it.


They had all kinds of Halloween activities at the museum that night. We tapped into our inner spookiness and decorated these sugar skulls. You might be surprised to find out who decorated which one....


There was also a show with acrobats doing all kinds of crazy, flexible things on ropes and bars that make a round, pregnant woman like me who's about to tip over while sitting on the floor feel slightly ashamed.


Then of course, we carved pumpkins at home. We had a contest and voted, but it was a draw (though Ben claims I can't vote for myself and I claim the baby and I count for two votes--and he votes for me). This one's a little more obvious as to who did which one when you know that Ben has become obsessed with mustaches lately.


2 comments:

  1. Ben might be interested in Movember. See here: http://us.movember.com/about

    Will wants to do it. Megan and I could be Mo Sistas together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you dress up!??? I feel like there are lots of good costumes that you could do because you're preggo. I can't think of any specific ones, but I'm sure there are lots!!

    ReplyDelete