Monday, April 11, 2011

Spring has Sprung

For our most recent project/FHE activity, Ben and I decided to get some plants. Luckily, we have a small balcony, so that leaves us open to quite a few possibilities. We decided to go simple--some flowers and a few herbs. After wandering around Home Depot for well over an hour, we landed on four different types of flowers (including one I've always wanted to have--snap dragons). Ben's only request was that we get some white ones. We found a nice planter box and this is the result:



We also took home basil, rosemary and dill, which are probably our favorites to cook with. I used some of the dill in dinner tonight, and it was pretty delicious.


We were going to try tomatoes too, but we decided to try that once we've had success with these plants (not to mention a bit more money, since gardening is expensive--I won't even tell you what we spent today). We do have an abundance of potting soil, so if anyone in the area needs some, please take ours.

1 comment:

  1. Here's my tip: be sure not to confuse water with love. Many a plant has fallen victim to a sad, rotten death due to my watering zeal. Poor plants. My only option for recompense is to protect as many as their children/cousins as possible.

    Your little garden looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete