Monday, March 7, 2011

Creative Corner

Once again, more time has passed since our last post than is desirable. I have a hard time finding mentionable events when we're not riding elephants or touring ancient ruins.

I have recently been struck with the desire to start drawing. I took some art classes in high school and really enjoyed it, but since then I just haven't even tried. My goal is to draw a picture of the Nauvoo temple in charcoal for our wall. To warm up my rusty skills, I did this picture of the hut we stayed in on the beach in Koh Chang, Thailand.


Our Sunday activity turned into art--while I drew, Ben pulled out his watercolors. His creations were much more abstract... no, insightful. They were definitely fridge-worthy.



2 comments:

  1. Ooh la la! Those are great. I look forward to seeing the Nauvoo Temple.
    We haven't talked to you guys in a month. Can we get together soon?

    ReplyDelete