Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Kitchen

I've realized recently that I really like making things. I don't know that I'd call myself a crafty person, but maybe I'm just in denial. The only reason I like Halloween is because I like making costumes. And I find it much more fun to make a gift than to buy one.

Henry loves to cook and wash dishes, so we decided to make him a kitchen for Christmas. We chose to make it not only so we could design it, but because toy kitchens are ex-pen-sive. And luckily we had a junky little table laying around to use. Here was the before:



We got this baby for free back when we were first married, to hold our tv. We got a better stand, but I have the hardest time throwing furniture away, so it's just been gathering dust in the spare bedroom, holding my sewing machine. But it worked out perfectly for our little kitchen.


We stayed up late many nights working on this bad boy. Painting, drilling, sanding, gluing. And here is the final result... Duh duh duhduh!


We found a real faucet on Craigslist, put in a sink and stove, fridge and oven (with working lights), and I even painted on a microwave.

 

We got some toy food, a pot and pan, a tea kettle, whisk, spatula, salt and pepper shakers, and lots of other cooking supplies. Henry loves it, we've moved it into the kitchen so he can cook while we are. His most common foods to make are potatoes, apple cider, mac & cheese and pancakes.One day when he becomes a famous chef, I'm going to take full credit because of this exact moment.







3 comments:

  1. Wow! That looks amazing! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y'all did a great job on this. It's the perfect size for him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are awesome. I was thinking about doing the same thing, but my mom wanted to buy us one for Christmas, so I just picked out the cutest one.

    ReplyDelete