Thursday, August 2, 2012

Westward ho

We got back last night from a long vacation out west. And surprise, I'm actually really happy to be home.

We spent a couple of days in Idaho at Ben's parents' house. There was a big reunion for the Bernie Fisher family, plus I had my 24th birthday (which I was sick for--super lame). Henry particularly enjoyed the apricots from the orchard.

We also visited Ben's grandpa, who is Henry's middle name sake. If you notice Ben's dad in the background, you can see four generations of fathers and sons. Precious.

Next was our trip to Yellowstone with my brother Josh, who just finished up at BYU-I and is now getting ready to go on his mission to Brazil. It was our first time at the park. Lots of prettiness, like this ginormous hot spring.

We found ourselves in the middle of a buffalo stampede that was quite intense. Keep in mind that this was a one-way street that dropped off in a steep cliff.

Needless to say, it was a very long day.

Henry timed this just right--as we were taking our picture in front of Old Faithful, he leaned over and gave me a big kiss. My boy loves me.

We also saw my dad and spent some time with Ben's grandparents and some other family in Utah, but I don't have any pictures of that. All in all, it was a good trip. But thank goodness for Henry being able to sleep in his own room again....


1 comment:

  1. I love the unintentional generation picture. You should frame it. And seriously?! That last picture is perfection.

    ReplyDelete