Thursday, May 17, 2012

Napping

Following Megan's list of places that she has nursed Henry, I thought I would contribute the interesting places that I've been able to fall asleep. Rachel has suggested that I make it into a coffee table book, but in order to do that I'd have to spend less time sleeping and more time taking pictures of places I've slept. To make more sense of it, I've arranged them by categories.

  • Geography: In 18 Countries (United States, Germany, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Thailand, Cambodia, Italy, United Kingdom, Taiwan, Israel, Jordan, Egypt, Palestine [Controversial Political Statement], , Austria, Estonia, Latvia,  Hong Kong [China?]) and I don't know how many states.
  • Nature: On top of the Grand Canyon, in front of Big Ben, in the Pacific and Atlantic oceans, underneath a waterfall, in at least 14 different trees, while rappelling (waiting to rappel but still on the rope), and in plenty of caves, including three snow caves, and the red double-decker buses in New York and London.
  • Transportation: In a car, on a train, on a plane, in a bus, on a boat, in a canoe, on a raft, on a bike (not driving the bike), on an inner-tube, on the subway (at least five times standing up).
  • Tourist locations: In front of Big Ben, in the Metropolitan Art Museum, in the Getty Art Museum, Disneyland, in front of the Last Supper, inside the Pyramids in Egypt, at Petra in Jordan (ref: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade), in Red Square, atop the Taipei 101 (the world's second tallest building), on a zip line in Thailand (I think, I'm not sure about that one), the British Museum, and downtown Tallin.
  • Religion: The West Wall in Jerusalem (Judaism), two mosques (Islam), the Duomo di Milano (Catholic), too many temples (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints), Shrine and Gardens in Haifa (Baha'i), Ankor Wat (Hindu?), Temple of the Emerald Buddha (Buddism), other Christian churches, and in the Garden of Gethsemane.
  • Furniture: beds, couches, kitchen table, counter tops, floors, bathtub, shower, rocking chair, Laz-E-Boy, bar stool, barber's chair, dentist's chair, waiting room, piano bench (curled up), airport seats, park bench, bleachers, auditorium seats (for operas, ballets, plays, and General Conference), and every work chair I've ever had.
I don't think most of those would have made very nice entries into a coffee table, but at least it's a list. 

2 comments:

  1. Now.... I would say you're quite the world traveling but how many of those places do you actually remember :)

    ReplyDelete