Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Our Little Fatty

We had another ultrasound today, since I switched doctors mid-pregnancy.  It was fun seeing the little guy again, though laying on your back for that long is a lot harder at 34 weeks than it is at 20. Partway through the exam, the tech said it looks more like he's due mid-November instead of early December. But at the end, she told us he weighs a whopping 7 lbs 9 ounces and according to his measurements is due October 27th.

She did say that the calculations can be off by a pound either way, but that's still a pretty big kid. I think there's no way he's coming in October--not only am I still carrying high, but I just call it a mother's intuition.  I hope I don't get proven wrong--one week is just not very far away.  Though I personally would be surprised if we made it all the way to Thanksgiving.  We're still going to plan on a December 1st due date until my doctors tell me otherwise (I meet with them again next week)


We got some great pictures of him-- here's a profile of him eating his fist. We got to see him yawn and put his fist in his mouth.  He has a huge mouth--he got that from his father.


Here's a nice shot of his squishy face. He's looking right at the camera and you can see the shadows of his eyes and his nose and lips. Not to mention those pinch-y cheeks.

1 comment:

  1. 7 pounds 9 ounces?!? Whoa! Maybe he is due next week!! That's crazy.

    ReplyDelete