Friday, September 23, 2011

Domestic Canadians

Being a stay-at-home mom when you're not quite a mom yet allows quite a bit of time for projects. In fact, having projects to work on is part of what helps keep me sane during the day.

For my birthday, I received money to buy myself a sewing machine, which is something I've been wanting for awhile.  This week, I finally bought one, and I love it.  I even got a sewing box and a few other things to go along with it.

I thought I should keep my first project simple, since it's been a few years since I've used a sewing machine and I wanted a chance to get familiar with this new one. Burp cloths seemed simple enough, and here was the result (I thought my mom would particularly appreciate the I Love Grandma ones, since this is her first grandchild).


I've actually gotten into a lot of different kinds of arts lately, especially drawing and painting. Here's another baby project I did awhile back:


That's right, this is now one of those blogs where the writer posts all kinds of fancy schmancy homemaker-type projects she's done, with the secret hopes of receiving admiration from all her readers.  Just wait until the baby's born and you get 15 pictures of him taking a bath.

On a side note, yesterday I was listening to one of the radio stations I've found since moving here, and I guess I had never really paid attention to the commercials.  Maybe I shouldn't have been so surprised when they started talking about Ontario elections, web addresses that end in ".ca" and things to do in Windsor, Ontario.  I even heard them say "zed."  Crazy Canadians.

1 comment:

  1. Those are cute paintings. I would be totally okay with this blog turning into crafty-baby-admiring-tons-of-pictures sort of blog.

    ReplyDelete