Thursday, July 28, 2011

Missouri Trip

It was a busy weekend for Ben and me, since we were able to visit my family in Missouri for the first time in over a year--the last time we were there was for our wedding reception. Much has changed....

My high school reunion was this weekend, so I was able to see a lot of people I haven't seen in years. Ben was a hit--surprise, surprise. I think he talked to more people than I did. My baby belly was also quite popular.


In fact, all weekend I had people from school, church and other random people touching my belly. No one loved it more than my family. They all wanted to feel the baby kick, and my brothers kept pointing at my stomach and saying, "baby." I think they're excited to be uncles (especially since they're having a nephew....) In further baby news, he is moving quite a bit now--I can even see my belly bounce sometimes. It's pretty exciting to feel.

It was nice to get to spend so much time with my family. We saw HP7 Part 2 (awsome), played tennis (of course) and went to the pool, which I've been wanting to do for months. We were also able to fulfill Ben's dream of having Kansas City barbeque. It was good, though technically it was in Independence. Maybe when we have more time we can take him into the city.

My mom also pointed out that I neglected to pay tribute to Josh's 18th birthday. That's probably because his birthday happened to fall on the same day that we got our ultrasound. I thought giving him a nephew would be a good enough gift, but I don't want him to feel left out, especially since Nate's made it on our blog twice. So I'll take a bit of time to celebrate Josh's birthday.


I know this is kind of blurry, but I love this picture of him and our cousin Haleigh

Joshua Robert Fernquist

Born July 6, 1993, making him legally an adult.

He played golf in high school and still likes to play in tournaments

Is obsessed with the Kansas City Chiefs. A little side note--Josh is the most laid-back of all of us by far, but apparently when the Chiefs aren't doing well, he can get pretty scary.

He's going to BYU-Idaho this fall.

Just received the Melchezideck Priesthood this Sunday--which we were there for and Ben participated in.

If playing Apples to Apples, he will always select the most random card. Festering wounds was one of his favorites and it reduced him to tears.

When he was little, his teeth squeaked when he chewed.

Visiting him in the hospital when he was born is one of my earliest memories-- Geoff and I were pretty excited.

1 comment:

  1. Megan, you look absolutely beautiful! I miss you and always read your blogs. I'm sooooo happy for you. You have the best glow ever. I hope you are doing well!!! (I can't believe all of us are having or had babies!!!)

    ReplyDelete