Thursday, July 7, 2011

It's a Boy!!!

In honor of the sex of our new baby, I am writing this entire post in blue. We had our ultrasound yesterday, and it was the most amazing thing. We got to see our little Magnum (as Ben calls him--don't worry, that won't be his real name) moving around and yawning. He's so cute.

I was so sure it was a girl, probably because that's what I always wanted to have first. I was pretty shocked when the tech asked us if we wanted to know what we were having and then said, I know I saw it around here somewhere. But we are so excited. I definitely know little boys better than I know girls. It somehow makes me feel so much closer to him knowing now that he's a him. I can't wait until we get to see him for real.

We also found out that he measures to be about 20 1/2 weeks along, instead of the 18 weeks 6 days that we originally thought. This is close enough that our doctor will have to decide if she wants to change our due date. If that's the case, Baby will be due November 21st instead of December 1st (which I'm kind of hoping for). But we should find that out at my next appointment in August.

Here are a few pictures from the ultrasound. I'll exclude the ones that prove that he's a boy. I figure he probably won't appreciate me posting those pictures for the world to see.

Here's his little profile. I think he looks like me.

Another profile. I admit, I spend a lot of time staring at these photos.

This one's kind of hard to see, but about an inch below the word foot you can see his tiny little toes.

4 comments:

  1. If we're lucky, he'll be born on my birthday!! Yahooo!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! Congratulations Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Smokes! I didn't know you were pregnant! Congrats. You two will be such happy and fantastic parents. Very exciting:)

    ReplyDelete