Friday, November 22, 2013

It's a girl!

When we found out Henry was a boy, I wrote the post all in blue. So I have to keep up the tradition. We had our ultrasound yesterday and got to see those fun, fuzzy, indiscernible pictures that mean you're seeing your child for the first time. The best part is when you see the little baby move on the screen and simultaneously feel it in your belly.




Henry was fascinated by the images and kept saying" baby." I'm sure he doesn't understand what's going on or that he's soon going to have to share our attention, but we are still teaching him to say "sister" and "baby" while pointing at my belly. I think he thinks it's some kind of game.

According to the doctor, our little girl looks healthy and is right on track for her due date, which is April 17. Which is good, because her big brother always measured a couple of weeks bigger than he was supposed to, so I'm hoping this means small baby. Really, she can be as big as she wants as long as she comes out on her own.


We've got a few names in mind, though I doubt we'll choose anything until she's born. For some reason we're weirded out by the idea of choosing a name before a baby is born. It's completely irrational, but everyone has their own parenting quirks. Ben's limited me on the number of outfits I can buy for her, though I'm not sure how well I'll stick to that; girls' clothes are way too cute. In the mean time, I just keep getting bigger. And bigger, and bigger...

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Very exciting news

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!!! I'm so excited for your little girl :) And I have to agree.....she can be as big as she wants as long as she comes out on her own! Is that your 20 week belly bump? So cute! You look great and so happy :) me, I'm starting to get a little less smiley a little more grumpy....haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so cute! Love it! I hope for your sake that she's under 10 pounds! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is exciting news! Also, you do in fact look very cute. I like the bangs.

    ReplyDelete