Monday, August 12, 2013

Zoo

We took a trip to the Detroit Zoo this weekend (which is actually in Royal Oak, a very hip suburb). Henry was a bit more interested in the animals than last year, but mostly he just sat in his stroller and scowled (it was during nap time).

 One part that both he and Ben did enjoy was the kangaroo jump. They have markers measuring how far you can jump compared to a kangaroo. We had to pull Henry away--his new favorite thing is jumping. Plus those signs were his height, which was exciting for him.

Ben did pretty well too.



Here, Ben is expressing his mild interest in the bison. After getting caught in a stampede on a narrow road last year in Yellowstone (okay, maybe not stampede, they were walking, not running, and we were in our car), bison in a zoo are only slightly impressive.

Ben even took a 30 second nap while I looked at (and ooo'd and aah'd over) my favorites, the giraffes

And of course, even though Henry was half awake at the end, we had to stop and play at the playground for awhile. That kid cracks me up.

4 comments:

  1. The real question is if Ben could jump that far with Henry strapped to his belly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can jump as far as a kangaroo if we are both standing. But if you see the marker that's 16 feet in front of me in the picture, that's how far they can jump when at top speed.

    Oh, and yes, I can jump almost as far with Henry strapped to my belly, but I refuse to let Megan take a picture of it, I feel it is emasculating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emasculating for you or for Henry?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great family!! Love all the family outings! It's really fun to be able to keep up with you guys!

    ReplyDelete