Monday, July 15, 2013

Nauvoo... again

Do you ever have those vacations where you come back and you feel like you've been gone for months? That's kind of how this one felt--but in a good way. It's probably because it was really three mini vacations rolled into one week.
I was going to write about our entire trip, but there were way too many great pictures from Nauvoo to narrow it down.

We went to Nauvoo for the first time since we were married. The whole time were were there I kept thinking, this is great, I can't believe we got married here. It's beautiful. I thought it would be adorable to recreate one of our wedding photos. We're so cute.

We spent most of the time walking around historic Nauvoo and learning about the different buildings. Here is Ben in an old schoolhouse, learning his 'rithmetic.

My favorite spot is the blacksmith. This guy was great, he made horse shoes in front of us and provided us with some great facial expressions. I want his job.

The grandparents got to spend a lot of quality time with Henry, which I think is really why they put up with us anymore.

The Trail of Hope marks the path that the pioneers took when they were kicked out of Nauvoo. It was the beginning of their journey to the Salt Lake Valley. Every night, torches are lit and actors recite journal excerpts from this time. It is done and sundown and ends at the Mississippi River. It was quite enjoyable--I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love history.

On our last day there, we toured the city on a horse-drawn wagon. Henry thoroughly enjoyed the horses.

It was a lot of fun spending time with my family (what is left of it anyway, with two brothers on missions). We decided we want to make this trip to Nauvoo a somewhat regular thing--I love it there.

I think our family is even better looking now than it was three years ago. I sure love my boys.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I'm pretty sure Jesse and I have become obsolete to our parents now that we've given them a grandchild. haha. I really want to go to Nauvoo someday. It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete