Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Yum

If there is one passion that Ben and I share, it is all things culinary. It's a dream of ours to become foodies/master chefs. I'm not sure when it started, but for as long as I can remember, we have been trying new recipes at home and exploring new menu items at restaurants. We've tried snake, crocodile, bone marrow, and quite a few other "unusual" foods. But for us, it's not just the excitement of something weird that draws us--we like to examine new flavors. We often try to recreate dishes we've had, and quite frequently when either one of us cooks, it's completely experimental.


For my Mother's Day present, we picked out a variety of herbs at Eastern Market, and I planted them in a pot today. I'm really excited--I already have the beginnings of about a half a dozen meals planned out in my head. But I'm kind of a nerd about it; I read up on each herb's requirements for water/light/soil and I planned everything out before I planted it. My goal is to one day be able to recognize every culinary herb by sight and smell. I told you, I want to be a foodie. Not to make a career out of it, just to fully appreciate food and all the potential flavors your mouth can experience. I get excited just thinking about it. We definitely don't just eat to survive over here.

1 comment:

  1. This is great! And another reason you're cool.. you love food! I expect a dinner invite when your garden gets going... ;)

    ReplyDelete