Monday, January 9, 2012

One Month Later

At the risk of sounding repetitive, Henry is one month old today! He went to church for the first time yesterday and he handled it pretty well. Though apparently his idea of a good church experience is having mommy walk him up and down the hallway during class. Everyone loved him and kept commenting on how much he looks like Ben. When he gets mad, his skin turns red, making his hair look red, which adds to the effect.  Ben is also the one who can get the most smiles and reactions out of him.


A family in our ward is letting us use their baby swing, and Henry loves it. I've finally found something he doesn't mind sitting in. This is his, "I'm having such a great time" face.


I feel like I should mention something other than Henry, since I think he's all I've talked about since he's been born. Since we took down our Christmas tree last week and now actually have some furniture (all of which is hand-me-down), I have finally rearranged our living room. One day my goal is to have a house in which the couch and dining table do not have to be in the same room. But we really do like living here (just ignore the mess by Ben--he worked from home today).


And last of all, I'd like to make a final shout-out to my brother Geoff, or Elder Fernquist, as he is currently known (even though he won't be reading this). He started his mission last month and he leaves the MTC tomorrow for Washington. He's excited to get up there and I'm really proud of him.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh he is SO cute! and he is in very good hands :) even though he couldn't wear any newborn clothes it's nice that you don't have to be so worried about him being really tiny and fragile....i'm so happy for you and i loved the picture and letter you sent me!!! ours is coming soon...we don't have a baby to use as an excuse for not sending out christmas cards but in my defense we didn't get family photos this year until christmas vacation :) haha.....i miss you girl! Love, DeAnna

    ReplyDelete