Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas Time is Here

My mom and brother have been here for the past week helping out as we prepare for Baby. They've been a lot of help, doing chores around the apartment and distracting me. Unfortunately, one certain fetus does not seem to be as excited to see them as they are to see him.

We put up our Christmas tree this week, which is always one of my favorite things to do. We even already have presents under the tree, though none for me. Apparently Ben and Baby are just loved more.


Tonight we go into the hospital again for another induction. Though it will be a different hospital and different doctor than last time. Since I'm already 6 days over, there will be no failure this time. If I am not progressing by early Thursday afternoon, they will perform a c-section.  The doctors are worried that he's big enough that he just won't descend, and a week overdue should be enough to kick-start something if that's a possibility. 

So I've resigned myself to the idea of a c-section. I'm not excited about going into surgery, but we feel like we've done everything we can and that this just might be how he needs to be born. So by Thursday night we should either have a new baby or I will be in labor. Hopefully the next time we post, we'll have some handsome pictures of a very fat little boy (and maybe a name to go along with them).

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Megan! Hope all goes well! Can't wait to see your baby soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have that baby already!!! I need to see pictures!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete