Wednesday, May 12, 2010

One night in Bangkok and the world's our oyster

Ben and I arrived in Bangkok last night at 1 am after a day and a half of traveling. We're staying with Ben's old roommate Alex and his family; they've been really nice to us. Today was for recovering from jet lag, so we didn't do a lot, but we did go out to lunch with Alex and then to a mall this evening with his dad and sister, Adele. For those who haven't been to a Thai mall, it was quite large. 8 floors with a grocery store in the basement. That's what I call shopping. We're excited to get to see more of the city. The only complaint I have right now is the jet lag, which is to be expected.  More specifically, I mean the fact that I have been struggling not to fall asleep while Ben is wide awake.  A person should not be allowed to adjust so quickly.  His crazy sleeping habits (or lack of sleeping habits) might have something to do with it.  I knew he was good at almost everything he did, but how can one have a talent for not being tired?

1 comment:

  1. Are you guys doing okay? How close are you to all the riots and such?

    As far as Ben's sleeping goes, I thought it was that he was tired all the time and has just adjusted to that unfortunate state of health rather than a superhuman non-tiredness. ;)

    ReplyDelete